Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Mainely Knitting

I love to knit!

In the past I made scarves without patterns but now that a local quilting/yarn/basket shop has classes that I am attending I am learning how to create other items from patterns.

So far I have made two pairs of baby socks and one sweater. I am currently working on a baby bunting and an adult pair of socks.

I also crochet and have a baby blanket in the works.

Here are a few pictures of the socks and sweater. My teacher , Cindy, wants me to wait to sew the seams up on the sweater until I see her again. Classes are every two weeks so I had to use stitch holders and markers to put the sweater together so that I could show it off a bit. Hope it inspires...

The yarn that I used is a self patterning opel worsted wool and I love it! I have another skein but I'm not sure what I would like to make with it. I still have some left from the first skein and would like to make a matching hat.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home